Ingredients: 1 Kg. of salty fish (preferably brown meagre or cherne), 1 Kg. of large potatoes, 1 Kg. of yam, olive oil, parsley and salt to taste.
1. Desalt the fish, leaving it to soak for 24 hours. It is convenient to change the water several times over this period.
2. Place the yams and potatoes into a big pot without having peeled them but chopped in big dices, cover them with water and put the pot on to heat.
3. When the potatoes and yams are almost ready, introduce the fish already desalted, cut into big pieces and cook it for ten minutes maximum so it does not break up into pieces.
4. Once the ingredients are cooked, strain it all and serve it.
This dish is accompanied with red mojo and with pella de gofio.
"Pella de Gofio"
(Lump of Gofio)
Ingredients: 1/2 Kg. of gofio, 1/2 glass of water, 1/2 glass of oil, sugar and salt.
1. Knead the gofio with water, table salt, a little bit of sugar and oil until you get a thick paste.
2. Form a cylinder with it and cut into slices.
(Sea Bream Casserole)
Ingredients: 1 Medium-size sea bream (1 Kg. approx.), 1 onion, 1 tomato, 1 green pepper, 1 lemon, parsley, oil and salt.
1. Clean the sea bream carefully and place it in a low pot along with the onion and the tomato, without chopping them. Cover them with water and add the parsley, salt and a little bit of oil.
2. Put it on to heat and let it cook through.
3. Take out the sea bream and place it in a tray accompanied with some mojo and small boiled potatoes.
This fish can also be grilled or cooked in the oven.
Ingredients: 1 bulb of garlic, 3 green peppers, 1 teaspoon of cumin grains, 1 bunch of coriander, 4 spoons of vinegar, 15 spoons of olive oil and cooking salt to taste.
1. Peel and chop up the garlic cloves. Grind them in a mortar along with the cumin grains, the diced peppers, the chopped coriander and the cooking salt until they blend into a soft paste.
2. Finally mix it with the oil, vinegar and a little water until you reach the desired consistency.
This sauce will stay fresh and in good condition for several months in the fridge.
There is another variety of green mojo based on this same recipe but using parsley instead of coriander.
"Conejo en Salmorejo"
Ingredients: 1 chopped rabbit, 2 bulbs of garlic, 1 hot pepper, 1 glass of white wine, 3 spoons of vinegar, 1 glass of oil, paprika, cumin and salt to taste.
1. Place the rabbit dices in a dish.
2. Separately grind the garlic, salt, cumin and black pepper in a mortar and then add the vinegar, wine, oil and paprika and mix it all in carefully.
3. Spread this paste over the rabbit dices and leave it to marinade overnight.
4. The next day, fry the rabbit dices and place them in a clay pot, adding the spare paste and cook it over a low heat.
5. This can be accompanied with papas arrugadas.
Another possibility is to cook the rabbit over a low heat instead of frying them.
"Carne de Cabra Compuesta"
Ingredients: 1 Kg. goat meat, 1 onion, 1 small cup of oil, 1 red pepper, 1 small cup of red wine, 1 red hot pepper, paprika, thyme, clove, cumin, water and salt.
1. Chop the goat meat in dices and season it.
2. Fry the onion lightly in oil and add the meat until it goes golden brown.
3. Then add the pepper, paprika and hot pepper, thyme, clove, cumin and the wine and leave it on to heat over 15 minutes.
4. Finally add water until the meat dices are completely covered and leave it cooking for approximately an hour and a half.
5. It can be complemented with papas arrugadas.